2017-2018 School Highlights
- The P.S. 128M Robotics Team won at the First Lego League Official Qualifying Tournament the Xaverian School Qualifier Inspiration Award. Thus, participating in the First Lego League’s City-Wide competition at City College!
- P.S. 128M was recognized as an All Star School by the Move to Improve campaign
- Students at P.S. 128M were awarded the New York City Department of Education’s Office of Fitness and Health Education Banner trophy.
- The NYC Department of Education’s Office of School Wellness chose to feature P.S. 128M in an issue of their School Wellness Weekly newsletter.
- The 4th Grade Ballroom Dance Team competed in the Dancing Classrooms New York City Grand Finals and won GOLD!
- Our Pre-K program was highlighted during the CLASS visit, scoring above the city-wide average! Additionally, our Pre-K program was highlighted by the District 6 Pre-K Office for engaging children in meaningful activities.
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital provided our students an opportunity to participate in their CAM program, providing Social/Emotional support!
- Attendance and Behavior Challenges were instituted to great success!
- Mrs. Grinnell, former P.S. 128M staff, and her family donated a 3-D Printer to our school!
- P.S. 128M was awarded the CS for All Grant, promoting Computer Science education in the school!
- Our Annual Wellness Fair promoted an active and healthy lifestyle. Students participated in Zumba, Tai-Chi, obstacle courses, jump rope and hula hoop competitions, amongst other activities.
- P.S 128M students participated in the Uptown Games, held at the Armory. Many of them won prizes!
- 4 students won full scholarships to Ballet Tech’s dance program!
- Our K-5 Math Fluency Bee showcased our students’ ability to do computations in under 5 seconds!
- 2nd– 5thgrade students went head to head in our Spelling Bee to showcase their spelling skills.
- P.S. 128M continued to provide parents and families opportunities for adult learning through weekly classes and parent workshops. The Immigration Coalition provided three-days of support and information to families in need of services.
- Families attended our 2nd Annual Family Fun Night; it was a rousing success! Students, alongside their parents, attended classes lead by our staff members on Zumba, physical education activities, music, ballroom dancing, media & coding, and arts and crafts!
- The Pre-K Cookshop Program integrated cooking in the classroom for Pre-K students and parents!
- Our 5th Grade students, some for their first time, attended a trip to watch the 12 time Tony Award nominated musical Spongbob Squarepants on Broadway!
- Continued collaboration with Community and Locally Based Organizations help provide our students with expanded opportunities; such collaborations include DEA Dance, Dancing Classrooms, Red Bull Theater’s Shakespeare in Schools, NYU, Hip-Hop Strokes, Junior Achievement, and the Word Gen Literacy Study, and Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.